Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dear Aunt Donna...




This is the quilt my Aunt Donna made for Morgan. She started it in the spring so that she could get it to her by her first birthday in July. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly after starting the quilt.
During the days when she felt pretty good, she worked on the quilt & finally finished it. We went to visit her 2 weeks ago & she gave us the quilt. Sadly, she passed away just a week later. I am very grateful that Morgan got to meet her. I only wish there had been more time for them to get to know each other.
Her quilt is a bittersweet reminder of what a wonderful lady she was. She will be missed...


2 comments:

  1. Oh Lesli! Im so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful quilt. I'm glad Morgan got to meet her, and even though she won't remember I know you got great pictures.

    ReplyDelete