Sunday, September 12, 2010

Keeping MoMo busy...

Morgan likes to hang out with me in the kitchen. She has a little step ladder that she drags out as soon as she hears the pots & pans come out. (Most of you know I really don't cook but you do have to boil water for pasta & brown beef/turkey for Hamburger Helper!!)

I first started giving her dry rice to move with a measuring spoon from one bowl to another. Once she mastered that we moved on to stringing large pasta onto soft rubbery threads. She's making a "neckwacess."

She enjoys doing it, it keeps her little hands away from the hot surface & I figured she could work on her fine motor skills.

Me: "Do you need any help Morgan?"
Mo: "No, I do it."
Moments later...Mo: " I did it!" (Repeat after EVERY piece.)
Now...to find a way to keep her from eating it!! Do they make jalapeno flavored pasta?



2 comments:

  1. So cute ! what a great idea Lesli ;) Mo is becoming such a big girl !
    Love her long hair down like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant idea...I am totally copying it for when I boil water! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete